Friday 26 February 2021

Today's Adventure

 Most people know I have an issue with lateness. I hate being late and I hate it when people are late. My worst nightmare is arriving at a show 10 mins before I'm due in the ring. My appointment today was at 2pm so imagine my horror when I woke up on the sofa at 1.30pm. 
The pups had been in the pen in the morning and all the others had been out. I must admit I am getting bored 
 with walking around the fields but taking everything into account it has been the safer option. Anyway, the pups had an early lunch and were put to bed, we had a sandwich, and we sat down for what I thought was going to be 20 mins. OMG it was 1.30pm. All the dogs got thrown out, I got the puppy bag ready, I changed the vet beds in the van and I heard MR S say "Have you done the fire?" Ahhhh ...  
Puppies loaded and we were on route. God knows how but we go there at 2.10pm, I grovelled, but she seemed oblivious, as Steve said not everyone is as concerned about time keeping as I am. 
I had been concerned that covid restrictions would not allow us to make the appointment, but everything was checked out and it was considered acceptable for us to travel for the puppies welfare. All safety measures were strictly enforced ... and you know what I even forgot I was wearing the mask!