Friday 5 February 2021

That Didn't Work

Still feeling sore and sorry for myself after part one of the dentist torture, I thought I'd try and go to bed last night. I stayed up till midnight letting Asha out for a last wee then and giving Kaiah time to feed the pups. From sleeping in there I knew she only went in once overnight, usually between 2.30am and 4.30am. They are eating well and with those evil little teeth now biting hard I feel it's time to start to wean them completely really. I was in bed just after midnight, but oddly I found it difficult o sleep. At around 2.30am Steve checked on everyone, Kaiah was settled in her crate and the pups were playing ... as they do, but by 4.30am it was a different story. Kaiah started to scream. I got up to let her out, nope, kitchen please see the kids. To be honest she was in quite a state and her desperation to see them was quite overwhelming. I wondered if she's been fast asleep and woken up realising they were not there? Anyway there was no way I could separate her from them for the rest of the night. Steve decided he should get up and that I should try and get some sleep. After a month on the camp bed I didn't decline! 
I really didn't sleep well, what the hell was he doing banging and crashing around in there? I was aware of so much activity and then at 7.30am Nico got up! Steve came into the bedroom and said he'd had an awful night. Asha had pooed in her bed and Orin had been sick. He said he thinks Asha did it in her sleep as she did not cry out, as she always does ... it's so hard when they get old, but we never react when oldies have accidents, we clean up and accept it. Poor Asha, poor Steve! 
Not sure what to do tonight, I think I got more sleep on my camp bed!