Wednesday 10 February 2021

Registrations

After three hours on hold to the KC on Monday morning I gave up, dogs to walk, puppies to feed, a life to live. Apparently three hours plus on hold is nothing these days. In the afternoon I rang again and his time got a series of options which I did not get in the morning. One was for a call back, I went for it. Reading the post on Facebook I gathered it was a waste of time as they were simply not returning people's calls. The following day I rang again, "our services are currently unavailable due to maintenance." Ahhhh. This morning I was prepared to ring again at 10am .. but bloody hell they beat me to it, they rang me. 
Now I'm not blaming the person on the end of the phone, they are working, it's management that is to blame. "They don't have the staff to answer  the phones or reply to any emails. Covid is being used  as an excuse for that poorly designed and maintained website, whoever gave the go ahead for that while putting most of the staff on furlough should resign or be sacked for incompetence." Point made! 
I explained the whole situation to the very pleasant lady on the phone, I explained that I couldn't do online registrations with Fransisco as he has an ATC number and not a UK registration number. I told her that I was told to scan the form and e.mail it through without filling in the payment section and that they would ring for payment. I told her that I did this on the 14/1 and got an automatic response, but that they had not even collected payment. She confessed my e.mail had not even been read yet!  Anyway she then asked me, "who told you to do this?" Well I don't know, I didn't ask the name, but I told her I'd done it previously as they told me they did not want paper registrations. "Oh no" she said, "we are doing them now just there is a huge delay. Why aren't you doing it online on your account?" I answered, because the sire has a ATC number .. "Oh she said that doesn't matter anymore, we've changed that." AHhhhhhhhh (ATC number is on a registration certificate of a foreign dog) Anyway the lady said that they would try and do the registration from the scans, if not she would ring me back ... but not today. I've looked online, yes now there is a facility to register online with an ATC number, but how the hell are we supposed to know if they don't tell us? Anyway I'll give them till Friday to sort it, if not then I'll start again and do an online registration. 
The photo of the 4 standard coated pups looking out at the cold world for the first time. No one ventured out and Pink was too busy elsewhere to look. Geraldine and Wren at the front. Raven stood behind them and Robin just coming to see. Excuse the mud splashes, it comes from having 9 dogs!!