Tuesday 23 February 2021

A Windy Vet Trip

 Well the gales have returned. To understand the power of the wind up here I think you have to really experience it. I had to go out today and it took the two of us to help me into the van to get away. I simply can not hold the doors when the wind is so ferocious. I often speak to people who say, "Oh it was windy down here too", trust me unless they are on the coast it doesn't compare. Tesco first then a white-knuckle  ride drive along the coast road to the vets. It was still very windy at the vets, but when I got home I literally got thrown into the bedroom wall. I don't mind seasonal weather, but I do fear this wind. The dogs will have to stay in today, it really isn't safe to be out there.
Kaiah was back at the vets with her infected anal gland. It was better but still had some horrid stuff in it. Anyway as she is not feeding the pups now she can have some stronger antibiotics which should clear it. Kaiah was weighed, she was 32kg, the heaviest she's ever been. The vet did make me laugh when she observed that Kaiah had not starved herself to feed her puppies. Bloody hell with all the food she was shovelling down I'm not surprised, but really it's quite a compliment that the vet noticed Kaiah looks so well. Honestly none of the bitches have ever looked as show ready as Sammi and Kaiah have after their litters, it must be the Titanium food, it has to be! 
The little guys are booked in for their chips and health tests next Tuesday. The end of the road for us with them comes closer and I'm already wondering how I can ever let little Wren go. Bless him, he's such a darling, not the show dog of the litter, but he's the heartbreaker.