Thursday 28 September 2023

Spending Spree

My spending spree is over and almost everything has arrived. To try and stop Agnes from pinching the shed we collected 10 bags of dog food from Wynnstay on Monday, but the front of the shed was still bouncing off the floor during the height of the storm. The gate into the yard has been pulled off the wall again, but thankfully other than that all is well on the hill.
I'd ordered new throws, vet beds, 2 x 12.5kg boxes of bonios, 48 tins of whiskas, 100 hooves for us, (and 100 for Ian) 2 new kongs for you know who, and of course the freebies that come with Zooplus orders. 
The vet beds which were due to arrive on Thursday arrived on Tuesday, I ordered 6 pieces 1x1.5 meters, and they arrived in two huge boxes, bit enough to transport a body in, lol. When I went to open them I realised this was not quite what I ordered, I checked again, yes 6 pieces 1x1.5 meters. I have received two rolls .. wow. Yesterday we went to cut one of them and got 5 large pieces out of it ... OK probably not 1 x 1.5 but big enough for using in the living room. I'm really chuffed and we won't need vet beds for a long time now! 
Whilst we were in Specsavers yesterday morning I had call from a delivery driver, he was outside the house with two huge boxes, I told him to put them in the van, by the time we got home it was too windy to try and move it, so the cat food, bonios and kongs was left in the van. The hooves had only been ordered the night before, I did not expect them for days, but at around 4.30pm Steve in his wisdom decided to go and check the mail box. When he didn't return within 5 mins I got concerned and went out, the boxes of hooves had been left by the top gate, no call, no hoot of a horn, the boxes had been bashed and were scattered all over the mountain and the bags of hooves had split, no we were not amused. They may not be dramatically expensive, but they could have been! There's only the throws to come .. and now the bank is empty!