Thursday 28 September 2023

A Chaotic Toddle

Beti's first walk with Orin and Siska didn't go quite as planned. Now I'm not complaining, I know too well what it's like when a puppy is not accepted into a pack. Nikki and Dexi made it clear that Dexi's daughter Kiri was not a welcome incomer all those years ago. Though Dexi mellowed to the idea as Kiri got older, Nikki alongside daughter Seffe developed a mutual hatred of Kiri!
I've previously only taken Beti out with the older pack, but she will eventually be joining her father and Siska on walks, so I thought I'd start with a short walk for them together today. Orin and Siska had done their walk when I took Beti out to join them. From the moment she hit the floor Siska lost the plot, she forgot all her basic training, including her name, she was ridiculously overexcited and ended up having to be on the lead. Even walking next to each other the girls messed about ... and it got even worse when Orin play bowed in front of them and encouraged them to run off with him. I was extremely stressed, Beti was muddy and soggy, but I guess they had a good time. It's only the size difference that concerns me, and Siska does seem oblivious to it.  
At least we got a decent photo of a mucky pup and the looney carers!

Beti having 2 mins on her own and bracing what was left of Agnes this morning!