Friday 8 September 2023

Looking Like Daddy

Orin and Betty - Same Age
A while back I went to visit a litter of puppies who were out of Vesco to a Fransisco line bred bitch. My preference in the litter was for the dog puppy with the higher wither, purposeful movement and a more mahogany tan, in short, my preference was for the pup who looked more like what I've bred and favoured here. The wife of the family said she thought this puppy was her pick too, but the husband (breeder) and the buyer picked a different puppy, also a stunning puppy but one who was more "father typical." Kiaan is that puppy. A different line, of course I watch his progress with great interest as I still consider my options for Siska. 
The more I look at Beti, and compare her to Polly the more I realise I've done it again. Currently, Beti looks more father typical, not that there are masses between them, but there no getting away from it, Beti is Orin's daughter and currently she looks very "Blanik" doesn't she.