Sunday 17 November 2019

Zalu, Sisco and Sammi

Today I had a message from Zalu's owner. She was so concerned that Kaiah and one other bitch had missed to him that they decided to get his sperm checked. All is fine with the boy, to be honest I never imagined it wouldn't be! His sperm are numerous and healthy, but his owner felt she needed to check. How honest can you be? .. I'm so grateful. They have also suggested that next time we take Kaiah for 2 matings 48 hrs apart, theoretically of course it is the better option .. but it would be exhausting and I would need help! She said that nearer the time we could have a chat to make sure we could get everything possible covered to try and get Kaiah in whelp .. I will also find out about the herpes injection .. I used it on Krizzie after she missed to Rangmore Arko and it is quite an important Vaccination to consider when breeding. Maybe I should discuss it with the vet for Sammi B too?
I've found some more photos of Sisco from Crufts, they are not the best but it gives people who have not seen him an idea.  On saying that finding his health tests and survey listed is bloody impossible .. unless you speak Italian. I know they are in order as would be his DNA profile, you can not compete at the Sieger without them, but I'm damned if I can find them. I'll just have to ask nearer the time.
My recent situations with both these males and their owners have proved to me that there are decent, honest people in this breed. People who will give you a little leg up when you are falling down and people who don't just want the money and sod the consequences. Sisco's stud fee is dearer than Zalu's and both are a fair bit more than Nico's, but at his age it's past the time to put the price up.
I don't know when Sammi B will come in season, Kaiah is regular as clockwork, Sammi is a law onto her self. Sometimes she goes 5.5 months .. sometimes 7 months. She was last in season on 15th of June and before that in late December, (about the 20th) so theoretically she should be in season in about a month. I would say from the quality of her coat that I'm about right for timing .. as you can see from this photo mid October she has been moulting for about 6 weeks, her new coat is now considering coming through. She usually gets a good portion of the coat back before she comes in season. Ah well watch this space .. or not as the case may be nearer the time!