Monday 25 November 2019

Yesterday's thoughts

So here is the question .. if you know the judge likes your type of dog would you be foolish not to go, even if you have been friends for years? I'd say so and we went! Let's face it within this breed and others there are a lot of friends exhibiting, judging and breeding. All you can do is put your trust in the judge to be honest to themselves and their breed on the day. We went to Builth .. a friend was judging and we won, we went to Crewe a friend was judging and we lost, so yesterday we went to Stafford and we won! No one was nasty, but we did get a few  off the cuff comments  .. "Oh this is a long way for you" .. well you know, no not really. Not everything is on your doorstep in rural North Wales, we can and will continue to travel to these shows ... watch out The Blaniks keep on coming!!!!
I think atmosphere wise yesterday it was spot on, it was buzzing there. Loki was really up for it and showed the best he has for ages. In my opinion he and young Kasey more than deserved to win their classes. I was also really pleased to hear the result from the other show. The GSD still flying the flag, but I'm glad we went where we did, I'm glad we picked that show and despite the result if I had to choose again I would make the same decision. Huge thanks to everyone for the congratulations on Facebook, it means so much .. Even though I know they have seen the "extra" post ... Some of course have not bothered .. Well what did I expect? Giggles to one's self at the jealousy again!