Wednesday 13 November 2019

Kaiah's Diary

Saturday 9/10/19 - Day 32
All day and nothing has changed, Kaiah is fully of fun but still excessively eating grass and soil on the walk as she has done since Wednesday - she does it anyway, but this is excessive.
Saturday evening and I'm thinking, maybe just maybe Kaiah looks a little deeper than normal, my hopes are building again and I measure her at 27"
Sunday 10/10/19 - Day 33
9.am - Kaiah is back to her normal size and shape - 26" - I'm a little deflated but have seen this before in a bitch who was pregnant, Seffe did it for days looking pregnant in the evening but not in the morning. Her nipples to look quite erect and quite pink - but I compare them to Sammi - not drastically different. I consider telling someone my thoughts, I decided not too, I decided to just write it here for future reference and post it at a later date.
1pm - Walks are done. Miss K was full of herself as usual. The excessive eating of grass, roots and mud continues, but I was prepared and I took plenty of treats with me to swap with her for her choice of the less palatable vegetation! I feel she now looks a little deeper than this morning too. I also thought she looked different when lying for this photo, Oh don't get me wrong it's only a tiny difference that only her nearest and dearest may see, unless it's wishful thinking of course. Steve refuses to look .. I wish Linda was here ...
7.30PM I think there is more of an abdominal enlargement tonight, she looks like she's stolen a dinner or two. Steve laughs as I measure her belly .. OMG almost 28. I decide to book the scan for Wednesday but I don't tell anyone. Crazily I'm scared to say it in case I'm wrong, not unless someone asks me, then I won't lie but otherwise I'll wait to till Wednesday for conformation either way.
It would make sense for changes to occur yesterday and today, even though Kaiah was mated on the Tuesday she did ovulate somewhere between bedtime on Saturday and Sunday morning. (She was 5.9 at 10am on Friday and 28.5 at 10am on Monday - ovulation is 16)
Monday 11/11/19 - Day 34
9.30 am The abdominal changes that were obvious last night have again disappeared - so like Seffe, but her nipples are bright pink this morning so I'm still hopeful that this is a genuine pregnancy and not all in her mind .. and mine. It will be interesting to see if there are changes after the walk again as there were yesterday .
7.30pm - Kaiah is not showing anything at all tonight - talk of a rollercoster ride - I'm so deflated again!
Tuesday 12/11/19 -Day 35
9.30am - At least I managed to sleep last night, I guess exhaustion finally caught up with me, that and some "Kalms."  I'm hoping that what I saw on Sunday night wasn't just a figment of my imagination, I'm hoping things are just moving about in there .. at least that makes sense. I so wish Steve hadn't have have dug his heels in, I wish he'd looked with me at her on Sunday as it has left me so full of self doubt. On a positive note her nipples are now a deeper pink colour which is usually a good sign ..  but it is currently the only sign.
10pm - Kaiah looks a little deep again tonight - my brain is spinning
Wednesday 13/11/19 - Day 36
8.30am - There are no obvious signs of pregnancy, thank god I'm getting the answer today .. I can't stay on this rollercoster any longer. An answer will help me move forward, even if it's bad news at least I can start to accept it and deal with it ...
12.30pm - The scan shows no puppies, just one "mysterious" bag of fluid.
Though I thought I was prepared I'm devastated, all my plans and dreams are shattered - now I know you can mourn the loss of something that was never there at all.