Thursday 14 November 2019

Planning Ahead

Ok, the brain never stops does it.
The options ..
I was going to mate Sammi in August, why don't I do it now instead?.. Yes now as in her next season which is due within a few weeks.
Well the first big hurdle is the financial implications.  A Stud fee is between £400 and £700 and with Kaiah's costs I simply haven't got it. Of course I could use Kaiah free mating and take Sammi to Zalu, but it was never my intention to use Zalu on Sammi ... and I have to admit I don't fancy a trip to Suffolk in December.
Kaiah is the better bitch, but Sammi produced Kaiah and mated to the right dog she could produce that quality again. But who is the right dog? There is nothing on the doorstep is there. Merlot and Sammi produced so wonderfully in Kaiah, but the boys had testicle issues so I would be unwise to repeat that mating. I adore Jackie's Marco but sadly he is not health tested so is not an option. Sammi also needs an experience dog that is not easily put off .. she's not keen on this sex idea!
I wonder if there are any owners of stud dogs out there who would be willing to allow me to use their boys and pay if the bitch conceives? Or even pay half upfront .. I would do it for a friend or someone involved in the good of the breed, but of course that involves trust and that is something lacking these days isn't it.
If Nico had the stud that was lined up for him then we would be laughing, but I've heard nothing further from that lady either so that can not be relied upon. I know my parents would lend me a portion of the money ... but really getting on for 52 I like to stand on my own feet the best that I can.
The Conclusion - well there isn't one. Just lots of ideas and thoughts and at least a few weeks to get it sorted!