Which brings me to the next stud enquiry .. I was expecting someone here about 10 days ago.. I bent over backwards to help them and as we know each other I offered the same deal even though I wasn't going to do that until he was nine. On day 7 they were preparing for an idexx test, on day 14 they still hadn't done it and I suggested they do it ASAP ... and that is the last I've heard from them. Now don't get me wrong, if they have changed their mind, well that's fine, if they have used another dog, it's their choice, if they have decided not to breed well so be it, but surely it's only common courtesy to let me know? All I ask is to be kept in the loop, damn right rude to keep me hanging I think .. don't you?
One of my friends in another breed was shocked to hear how little stud fee we charge in GSD's. In her breed the average is the price of one puppy, in GSD's it's about half the price of one puppy. I've never questioned it really .. different breeds, different ideas and far more reputable stud dogs in my breed than hers which is numerically much smaller.
I love this photo of Nico trying to keep up with the girls .. no chance mate .. you are just a boy!