Saturday 2 November 2019

Just The Longest Time

The first 2  weeks after Kaiah was mated seemed to go quite quickly really, but now everything feels like it's on go slow. After 3 weeks it's a time when there are little to no outward physical signs of pregnancy but a time of important developments .. and a time when I really really want to know. I'm trying not to think too much about it, but I can't help myself it's all I'm thinking about. Kaiah is not showing me any signs that she is pregnant, but neither is she showing me signs that she is not.  Knowing one way or the other helps you prepare and deal with things doesn't it. I have to try and prepare myself for good and bad news. I don't know how I'll cope if she isn't pregnant. I have so much emotionally invested in this that I think I'll fall apart if there are no puppies to come.
I will organise for Kaiah to get a scan at 5.5 weeks. After the stress of Sammi's scan I'd sooner wait just a few extra days and get a more definite prediction. If she is showing no signs of pregnancy by then I may leave it or wait an extra few days ... it's all ifs and buts now and will be for another 10 days or so. Bloody hell I've no idea how people can do this every 6 months or year, I think I'd loose the bloody plot! Logically there is little reason for Kaiah not to be pregnant, she's young, fit and health and had a text book mating to a male of equal merits at the optimum time, but of course we all know too well when its wanted so much how often it doesn't happen.  Two crossbreeds bonking on the street and bingo - 6 puppies, carefully planned mating's from health tested animals and nothing ... ah well 10 -14 days and we should know if this carefully planned mating was successful!