Wednesday 21 August 2019

Update

After the walk yesterday I stopped to do some training with Miss K on the common in the village. There must have been a dozen sheep there, all exercises were on the lead but with plenty of "Leave it,  downs, sits and rewards" then "Leave it, recall .. praise reward," I do feel we achieved something. Training will continue given any opportunities!
Actually Kaiah is generally quite hyped up and continually being pushy with the other bitches, I think she trying to assert some authority but I won't stand for her bullying, I'm top bitch here. To be fair I think it's all hormonal, her coat is now softer, I guess she will be in season within the month. Exciting times ahead, I hope!
The week end has caught up with me and I'm feeling exhausted, my head has again gone to lala land but with the builders abut to start there is so much to do. They are here for about 7 days ... I can see me running down to the village hall for a wee!
The show was a long day and it always catches up with me days later. Having 300 + photos was bad enough but the fact that after uploading them all the program saw fit to upload every single photo on the card again was more than I could bare. I could not stop it and I had to delete over 500 photos individually from the laptop. So yeah that could well have contributed to my head hitting the brick wall again so soon.
To be told at 6.30pm last night that it's Alex cremation today has really upset me. With everything going on it's just too short notice, and I couldn't drive today anyway. All I can do is think of him this morning .. yeah at 10 am I will remember the gentleman I knew!  (Update I have just been told this is not a cremation/funeral for people to attend, just a service for deceleration of death .. not something I'm familiar with.)
I'm not sure I'll be able to walk today, thank god for the fields and freedom of Fron. In my early 20ies I always hope for a house on the hill where I could live with dogs and cats, I never imagined I would find anywhere as beautiful. I am truly blessed to live in such a stunning place and have a wonderful man to share it with!