Wednesday 7 August 2019

Ross' Friend

Tomorrow a lovely friend of many many years is facing serious life changing surgery. I've know Tracy since the early nineties when I had Laecor Mikhail (Blade) and she handled Laecor Kleet for the breeder Carol White. Kleet and Blade were pretty similar looking dogs, but from memory I think Kleet would be more to my type now, he was a tad more Germanic and Blade bordering on middle of the road.
Today I can't stop thinking of Tracy and what is ahead for her. She bravely told me that "She Will" be bringing and showing her Swiss Shepherd dog at Merioneth show at the end of the month. When I question her optimism she said well I have to try and set myself some targets .. I so hope she can make it and realise more than anyone that getting back to some kind normality, be it a new normal, is essential for recovery.
The surgery for Tracy is her only chance of getting through this, such a brave lady. A kind honest friend who has shown me great support over the years ... and she adores Ross so can't ba bad!
Please I beg you, yes you .. you know who you are ... before you light another cigarette .. Think. Is it really worth it?  You can do it, just stop!