Friday 9 August 2019

Rant

9.15 AM
Tracy is doing well, she is in ICU and nagging for a cup of tea. Great start, I hope she continues to recover. People can live fulfilling and active lives with one lung. I hope and pray that it's plain sailing for her now and that she does get to Merioneth show at the end of the month as she wishes.
Yesterday my mind was on Tracy all day so I did not need someone else chucking their toys out of the pram. If you put something forward for an opinion then why would you spit the dummy out when you get feedback? Who says who's right or wrong?  What did you want?A huge round of applause. All I can say is I'm so glad Facebook and messanger are there for all to see and that the story cannot be twisted and turned to make me look like the bad guy. I've read it over and over and still cannot for the life of me see why my suggestions caused you so much offence. Knowing that you now think it's your way or no way will make me wary and possibly make it hard to work with you. Still the last thing I was trying to do was cause offence and I'm sorry I did .. but I still don't get the reason for the reaction and was so glad to get a phone call from an officer (and a gentleman) on the committee to see if I was OK, I'm and so glad other people read it/see it as I do. Anyway to be honest with news that Paul (I knew the boy) now has surgery to face again next week I realise how insignificant this matter is in the big picture of life.
Junior has eaten this morning and seems back to normal. Of the boys he is a little of grumpy bum really, but he's still a darling when you've lived with a cat like Tia.
Sammi is now off her food and of course when a greedy dog doesn't eat we get concerned. I've counted the days back to her season and it's six weeks today since she was separated from the boys so not classically the time that she would go off her food that is usually around 28 days but Sammi doesn't have typical seasons does she! The fear of Pyo always haunts me so I'll check her temperature daily, watch for excessive drinking and any signs of a discharge, and of course I'll tempt her to eat with nice things! I wouldn't if she was a fussy eater, but she's not so if her hormones are raging then a little TLC will go a long way! I had hoped that the timing would have worked to spay Sammi before her next season but I'm now sitting on the fence with that again .. I must admit the world would be a better place with more Sammi babies in it!
Maybe optimistically I have checked to see if Sammi's stud book number has been published on the KC website yet. Well it was worth a look, but it has only been 2 weeks so I guess I'll have to be more patient. Come on Kennel club ... lol
The weather's not what I expected this morning, it's dry and warm though pretty blustery. There was some hellish rain last night but not the thunder and lightening forecast ... I'm off out with the troops .. more to say to back later.
2pm
Well mother nature didn't half play tricks on me today. I went out in sunshine but quickly saw the clouds coming across from the west, the drizzle on the stiff breeze was doable but I could see worse was to come. The first 2 walked in reasonable weather but the girls and I got a bloody soaking, the wind and rain battering me in the face as I made it back towards the van. The rain that had hammered me up hill was now running off my coat and down my legs. These Summer coats are simply shower proof and just can't take that kind of rain, my Winter coats of course are just too thick! As I drove back home the cloud broke and the sun shone brilliantly .. Leaving the girls for Steve to dry I changed my jeans and coat and in sunglasses set off again. About half way on the walk I looked back .. and yes the black clouds were coming my way again! Soaking number two .. anyway a jump into the bath when I got home and 8 happy GSD's .. they don't give a damn about wind and rain do they!
Cattle .. I was wondering, where are they? It's been weeks since I saw them. I remember the day clearly, the day of Ruthin show, now that is going back some weeks. I remember it so clearly as we were talking about them on the way down. In another part of Wales a woman had been attacked by free roaming cattle and had been trampled trying to protect her grandchild. We discussed the dangers and wondered how this practice was still allowed to continue .. and there they were in Carmel. I wonder if following newspaper reports and public concern if he's put them in the field for this year?  Let things die down .. I can just see they'll be back next year, at least then with the new grids theoretically they won't get into the village, not that that helps us on the hill of course!
It's three years today since we lost Mikey, I still feel so cheated of the time we should still be having together. Asha is still as fit as a flea .. or seems to be, he too should be here living life and keeping grumpy Loki in check!
It's also a year since Perry joined us. So yeah something better to remember the day by, he's a great little cat, strikingly handsome but shy around strangers. Anyway living here he doesn't have to like anyone other than us does he!  He's smitten with Luther, best buddies and partners in crime.
Right time for a sleep before my head ends up in Lala land.