Wednesday 28 August 2019

28th Of August - 4th Of September

Well it's the beginning of the anniversary of that week that changed my life. On the 28th I set out to a dog show with my lovely friend Gail .. we were full of fun and happiness. I got taken ill at the show and ended up in hospital, and on the 4th of Sept I had brain surgery. It's been 4 years .. another year another MRI and hopefully I will be discharged.
As the years have gone on it has got better, the brain is slow to heal but it is healing. I do see that I'm better than a year ago. Considering I had to relearn so much, a lot now comes automatically again. Weird isn't it, I couldn't get past 12 on my 3 x table but I could still drive my van. Mostly my spelling has returned to it's normal useless standard, unless I'm having a bad day I don't double up the wrong letters or put them in the wrong order in the words now. I can usually, but not always, get the words I need for the sentence in the right language too. The restless legs has mostly gone and I'm sleeping better these days. I think I'm more emotionally balanced than I was a year ago, though sadly being over sensitive has always been part of my nature!
My memory I doubt will improve much more. I get frustrated that I forget things or forget to do things, important things .. but such is life. For example I can remember the breeding and dates of birth of all the early Blaniks .. but even now when looking for a stud dog for a bitch I have to look up her pedigree every time I need to check out the compatibility of a dog, I simply cannot retain information, even when it is important to me.
There is no doubts I'm less tired, I can make it through someday's without sleeping though I still have to listen to my body .. or regret it later. Maybe in another year I'll be able to drive to a dog show and home again .. that is my ambition as I do feel I have lost some independence as I depend on others to help me make it through the day. I do know that after a long dog show day I will suffer within a few days, but I know it, I'm prepared for it and I'm not putting my life on hold because of it. I'll enjoy my day and suffer for it later.
Thanks to all that are there for me, the ones that see me at my best .. and have seen me at my worst.  I was told my condition was life changing .. yeah it has been and therefore thanks to those who realise that though I look "well" I may never be quite the same again ... though honestly I do try to be the person I was. Anyway onward and forward!!!!! (Yes I know 😀)