Tuesday 13 August 2019

Catch Ups

This was posted on Facebook, obviously some bitchiness from the showing world, but you know I blood love it and I'm considering sharing it! If the cap fits etc
Junior and Loki are fine, though Junior says you should see the other chap! Loki hasn't scratched his ear since Saturday so I take it a seed or a sting or something similar. Anyway it's done and dusted.
Sammi is starting to get over her "pregnancy." She ate half her breakfast this morning so that's an improvement, she's also slowed down on the digging up of bedding but she is still a little vocal.
Luther spent most of the day outside yesterday, he only came in for meals. I guess he's quite the fair weather cat, as it's not as bright today yet and he's not as keen to go out. It was so funny yesterday evening as I was cooking dinner he was sat on a stool in the kitchen. Oh my word talk about fighting to stay awake. I told him kittens don't run around from 8am till 5pm .. they sleep. He then crashed on the sofa till 7ish .. never seen him so sound asleep.
Following a ridiculous post about GSD colours on a breed page (which I really must write about separately ) I posted in humor on my own page about Luther's colour and again I got more feed back. A cat breeder telling me he could not be smoke as as one parent would need to be silver, a recessive gene! I pointed her in the direction of the cat genetics page, point 14 reads - " A cat with a white undercoat (smoke or shaded) must have a parent that has a white undercoat." She said she was not aware of this and was quite taken aback I think. We talked about Isla who she thought was a pure bred Persian and when I said she was a moggy she replied .. "Omg you couldn’t get a pedigree Persian smoke that would look any nicer!!!" Isla knows this of course!!!!! haha
Luther's name was also discussed again. I honestly can not find any coloration with the actual name "Luther" and the  devil. (Yes I googled) Of course Lucifer is another name for the devil, but the original meaning of Luther was people or army, and was then used in English to mean lute player. Finally, in Latin the name took on the meaning of "free," which is my favourite meaning. But as you know I named him after Idris Elba's character from the series of the same name.
Perry's hunting is getting out of hand. I hate it but love him, but there is nothing I can do. Nature is cruel and I can only hope the birds are weak and would not have survived anyway. The sad side of owning cats but like it or lump it .. it's part of life with cats.