Saturday 10 August 2019

I Guess We've Been Lucky

So much of the country seem to be struggling with high winds and floods, it's breezy here yeah but dry and great to walk.  All the dogs were completely OTT as they are with a strong breeze, they just seem to love it so much. Nico had his naughty nutty head on, you can see it in his eyes. He has such a funny mischievous look as he's belting towards you ears back and smiling, you don't know whether to move left, right, stand still or wish there was a wall to climb on.  Jezi and I feared one of us may end up spread eagle before the end of the walk. Thankfully we both survived his middle aged stupidity today!
Sammi didn't eat again this morning. I'm convinced she thinks she's pregnant. As well as being off her food she is extremely cuddly and quite vocal.(Chatty - if you know what I mean)  She's still very normal on the walk, full of fun and harassing her mother, she and Ziva are really close and tend to stick together for most of the walk. Asha is very much her own person and does her own thing, throwing many more deaf ears than she ever did in her youth. No she is not going deaf, other situations prove it's purely selective hearing!
Walk three is always so much fun, Kaiah and Ross, well mainly Kaiah is so full of energy .. she has an infectious zest for life. No matter how knackered you feel at the beginning of the walk she gives you a second wind and you find yourself going further and further  as you enjoy her antics so much. A lighter framed bitch than the others her agility is amazing, she can get up, down or over anything .. and she does! Today I marvelled at her amazing and instant recall giving myself a huge pat on the back as she turned on a sixpence to come back every time she's called. Full of my own praise I was heading for home when a rabbit came out in front of us .. she and only she went off .. "Kaiah come" ... Nothing .... "Kaiah come" ... Nothing .. bloody bitch! Over the wall into Plas Braich and through their garden  ... bloody bitch ... and then she came running back hell for leather and sat in front of me for her treat .... the cheek of it .. but yeah I gave her one. Never must we be become complacent eh!
Ross and Loki are so easy, Ross is full of fun too, but the kong is his priority on the walk. It does make for a saner walk. Both boys come and go, but they do tend to stay closer to me than the little minx does. Loki will often walk behind me on the way back as Louis use too. I do think he'd be happier walking with the girls than the Young Guns but currently this is easier for me ... and he gets a longer walk.
On returning from the walk Loki seemed to have an issue with his right ear. He had been fine before and during the walk but he was really bothered by it and scratched at it until it bled a drop or two. Loki is allergic to the ear cleaner and I could not use cider vinegar as I thought it would sting. I cleaned it out, though to be honest it was not dirty and then I smothered it in coconut oil. Steve and I then took turns holding him and keeping him from scratching it. Neither of us could see anything in it, we even had a look with a torch .. as we previously thought nothing but daylight in there!  Poor Poki is not amused! Seriously it is better now though he still has it slightly to the side, another one to keep an eye on I guess!