Sunday 26 May 2019

Yesterday At Bath

 I was going to post last night but after the 4am start I was too knackered to think about it. Stunning drive down through Wales until we hit the M4, which thankfully was quiet. No success for my Young Guns today, they where both last ...Well done to Ian and Kasey who were third in Puppy bitch. Huge congrats to friends who were in the cards and thanks to the special people for yet another lovely day in their company ... I must admit I thought we'd be home a lot earlier but the judging took 5 hours, Yes 5 hours to judge 42 GSD's .. by anyone standards that is just ridiculous.
Kaiah and Ross did well other than Ross got distracted by Ania which may have lost him his second place, but there you go. It's been reported that the judging was amongst the worst of the year so far, not by me I hasten to add, I'm just reporting what I've read. I have to say I've never experienced such indecision in my life but I don't want it to seem like sour grapes so I'll hold back on the personal opinions.  I just wish the people that are now saying "Why do you think I didn't enter?"  had told me before I did, expensive way to learn a lesson ... but that's life.
Because it was so hot there no dogs were to be left in vehicles, so Ross and Kaiah were in all day. The bond between them is ridiculous with Kaiah getting stroppy with jealousy as Ross flirted and played with anyone who gave him a second look!  When she was in the ring there was nothing I could do to stop him calling to her, and of course she answered. I walked round and round but his nose was in the air pinpointing her and ever few minutes he called .. and she answered. It made no difference under this judge, but if it happens again I need a better plan.
I'm over the moon with the quality of the photos, again mostly taken into the sunlight.  But the 281 shots taken took 70 mins to upload. No surprise that I had a strop. Anyway I edited them down to just 52 ... hard work, but I guess worth it at the end of the day.
Next week we are at Crewe .. Win or loose ... another happy day I hope.