Wednesday 1 May 2019

Dog Food

So (Haha) I'm thinking of changing my dog food. Am I unhappy with the quality? No. Are The dogs loosing condition? No. Are they using artificial colourings or palm oil or any ingredients that I have an issue with? No. Has the price gone up? No. I have no issues at all with the food but I am well pissed off with their business practices. To start off with one of their online team thought it appropriate to post negatively about the change in the GSD's construction, this lead to an all out internet brawl between the straight back idiots and a few of us who see things for what they are. I sent CSJ a rather stroppy PM and the post was removed. I was seething, whatever you think of the construction of the modern GSD what the hell has it got to do with dog food? But I received an apology and was willing to move on thinking that someone would get a slap on the wrist for posting it in the first place.
I was therefore horrified to see a rant from the founder/owner only days later slating Chris Packham for his stand to protect wildlife. Now the way I see it, you like wildlife or you don't. You don't get to pick and choose what bits of it to like and protect. Ok I confess I dislike rats, but only in my home, out in the wild may they run freely and happily. Chris has been at the forefront of the campaign to banning hunts and the unnecessary shooting of some of our native birds like magpies and my favourite birds, Ravens. I understand no one wants to see a magpie kill a garden bird, no one want to see a raven steal their eggs, no one wants to see buzzards kill baby rabbits .. but hell this is nature, survival of the fittest, the natural food chain. 
I have no issues with people sharing their opinions on their own pages on social media, but what bad business practice to share it on the business page. Again I say, what the feck has it to do with dog food? I disagree strongly with her opinions and I hate the fact that her likes fueled the fire and that now Chris has had death threats and has has dead crows hung off his gate. Thank god someone is there to be the voice for the animals.
I have plenty of time to now look and will happily try a food if anyone has any recommendations, but I will not use anything with additives or colourings .. any thoughts?