Friday 10 May 2019

The National - Again

This cold is dreadful. I kind of hoped it would have gone by now but I'm struggling. I think I feel better outside than in though, I guess the warmth in the cottage doesn't help.
I couldn't help but feel deflated again yesterday with Ross, but of course unlike some I'm not blaming the other exhibitors for the loss. I just keep wondering why he doesn't get anywhere at these Ch. shows. Am I not seeing something? Do I love him too much to not be constructive? Honestly I don't think so. He was as good as the other dogs against him yesterday and gave an equal performance .. in my opinion anyway.
I know he doesn't pull out when doing his individual, but does in the class. The judge said his back end moment was not as tidy as the others .. well I've looked at Saturday's video and I see absolutely no issues with it. Ah well another day another dollar... moving on
Loki is now in the very top class for males. I looked constructively at him in the class and he was where he should have been. I like to be honest and there is no doubt the 2 in front of him where constructively more correct than him, the first dog was pretty outstanding really. Love this photo of Loki, seemingly making sure he's seen by the camera on his way round.
Baby Kaiah looked amazing in Sarah's hands in the class, had she not won I would honestly have spat my dummy out as far as the Bull Mastiff ring. She looked great and moved with power and drive. I'm so proud of her, well of them all but she was yesterday's star of the show. Funny isn't it how she and Ross seem to be varying from winners to losers this year, I guess it's true that every dog has his or her day!