Wednesday 1 May 2019

Cats And Sammi

So, (I can here Steve screaming, don't start a sentence with So ... ) ... So, last night I was offered a kitten. A female and a cross between a Main Coon and a Bengal, looking more like a Bengal. It was Ross' breeder who contacted me to ask, she said she was a very odd kitten and really needed someone who could understand cats and give her love and time. Though of course the brain goes into over drive I did decline, but also was grateful for the offer and the kind words that followed.
I told Steve and it then gave me the chance to tell him that I was intending on getting a black kitten later in the year.  When the rescue centres are full to busting with black kittens that no one wants I will get "the boy Luther." It has to be a boy as they get on so much better as a family .. the females are much more independent, or that is my experience over 35 years of owning both sexes of cats anyway. Isla is wonderful, one of the nicest natured females I've had since Lux but she only tolerates the other cats, she's not part of the gang. Steve said very little when I told him my plan, I guess he knows there is no point!
Poor Sammi has managed to slice her pad. She was quite lame but I was pleased to see it was nothing more than that. I'll keep it clean and keep an eye on it now. There was no blood on her bits yesterday, maybe it'll be weeks now before she starts bleeding properly, but she really has caught me out this time as she still hasn't even got her coat back yet. I do hope to get Kaiah mated successfully this year so I can spay Sammi, her seasons have always been a worry.  Talking of Kaiah, though she's quite "normal" in herself she's still a little off her food in the mornings and has huge nipples - poor girl, but at least it hasn't affected her in any other ways!
Tatty Sammi in the photo.