Sunday 5 May 2019

Jamie Lawson .. Again

Trying to get organised to bring three dogs to a venue where the van would be far away from the building was giving me nightmares. But I came up with a plan of action ... I take a crate. Now the bloody thing is heavy .. but with a set of "little wheels" we where organised. I had considered that if I could not take all three then Loki would stay at home. The judge had been critical of his head some years back and anyway Kaiah is the best I have here and Ross is best not left at home to get into mischief!
Ross won his class of 4, the judge saying he was the soundest with the best overline and angles, she said he is a fraction tall but with everything else in place she would not penalise him for that. Kaiah was last, now I have to admit I was shocked. I do not wish to be derogatory towards the winners as both belong to friends but it should never have happened. In my opinion Kaiah is the best thing here, she is correctly constructed, feminine and moves as her construction would suggest she could. Anyway I'm not sulking, well done to the winners (Who have never beaten her before) and I take on board what I was later told .. the judge prefers strong, almost masculine bitches .. I therefore understand Kaiah could never be to her taste! Loki was second of two, in my opinion he looked super but the judges words from when she judged him a few years ago where still in my mind so I wasn't shocked that he didn't win. I have to admit after doing BOB I was encouraged when she recalled Loki into the ring to challenge for RBOB, she had also shortlisted Ross to her last three for that challenge, obviously I'm pleased that Loki won it. I wasn't expecting that!!!!
In the photo you have the BOB winner, the judge and Loki with Ian who handled him brilliantly on the day.