Thursday 29 November 2018

Rough On The Hill

Zooming in on "Home" from Cwm Dulyn last Sunday
Days like today sure do show the downsides of living so high above sea level. (I often wonder how high we actually are) Despite my suggestion that maybe it wasn't wise Steve decided in his wisdom to take the recycling out. Even though he tied the trolley to the fence by 11am it was all back home! The boxes have gone to never never land and our own land was scattered with cans and plastics.
Whilst eating breakfast I couldn't help but feel unnerved as things where rattling in the kitchen. I've experienced it before, I remember when Ziva had her pups that there was a lot of unnerving noises in the kitchen then too. I guess when the wind hits that side wall with such power that the cottage can't help but judder.
It's the third day of the most horrendous winds but the dogs had missed out on walks yesterday so I decided to give them a run in the field and to go out collecting cans on the track. It pissed it down whilst we where out and though the wind had dropped it was still strong enough to give me a hard time whilst I was getting the cans into the last remaining container. I can't leave cans all over the countryside, it's a danger to our pets as well as the wild animals. Whilst out I noticed a large chunk of the wall in the bottom field had been knocked down. Where it is I just can't imagine how or why?
He indoors was moaning about wet dog towels? But what can I do? I don't have an outbuilding to use the blaster so towels it is. Now I have damp dogs, damp towels and damp throws on the sofa.
To top it all Kaiah knocked Ross flying, he was screaming and holding up his front leg, my stomach churned as he looked like he did when he had the original injury late last year. Why the hell did I not take them for a walk as I had planned? I came back home near in tears .. he's stopped limping and try as I do I can't get this stupid brain to remember which leg it was now!
This morning I spent £25 on a hair cut, yes I do it twice a year or so, this afternoon I was out in the gales collecting tins. I guess it looked nice when it was done eh!