Saturday 24 November 2018

Almost The End Of Our Show Season

Lovely day catching up with absent friends at Southport and Birkdale KA today. Our larger than life judge was funny, pleasant and chatty. If I could be a tad critical he was a little hard on the dogs mouths, not that the GSD's cared today and I'm hopeful he would be a little more gentle with a pup. Loki was BOB and Ross RBOB. Nothing for Loki in the group but thanks to the other spectator/exhibitors who took the time to comment that he looked and moved beautifully. It does mean a lot when people take time to complement the dogs.
At the beginning of the judging I went in the ring with Ross, he was the only one entered in GSD junior and the judge said loudly .. Stand anywhere you like, I'll find you. I just laughed. 
With both my boys winning their class Ian took Loki into the challenge. As the judge went to move us both together I said "this may not work," he replied .. "It's Ok I know what I'm doing anyway" but he did add, "unless it goes drastically wrong now." Though I felt Ross out moved Loki he gave Loki BOB, but I guess Loki is more moderate in type than Ross. The judge then approached us and said "you could do the formalities of bringing the bitch in to challenge for RBOB but the young dog will get it anyway." I was quite taken aback and I left it to Ian to decide, he said "no it's OK then as there is no point."
Don't get me wrong he was a nice man, and maybe we should take comfort that he knew his own mind?  He just seems to say what he thought, he had no filter I guess! I must admit I was a little disappointed that Loki was not placed in the group, bless him showed so well and I don't understand how he could be past by .. rose tinted glasses maybe?