Monday 12 November 2018

Changing Weather And Walks



People often comment that they don't understand why, when I have all this around me that I often feel the need to put the dogs in the van and go elsewhere. Whilst this is just wonderful I also love the lakes, rivers and woodlands that are on my doorstep. I love to see it all, and so do the dogs. I'm not really a beach lover, never have been but I don't mind going occasionally out of season.  I'm so blessed to live in rural Snowdonia and have so many places to explore and revisit. 
At home today my walks where a blustery mixture of sunshine, showers and hail. Though I got a battering on my way back on the last walk it was nothing that wellies and waterproofs couldn't cope with. Talking of rain, at 2am last night, was that not the heaviest shower I've ever heard?  It sounded like someone was emptying  skip loads of water on the bedroom roof ... and was that not the loudest clap of thunder ever? I sat up in bed an involuntarily came out with "Fucking hell!" I'm honestly sure I've never heard thunder that loud before. So the rain continues ... I think Mother nature is making up for those 4 dry months of Spring and Summer now.