Friday 23 November 2018

Quarry's And Dogs


This morning I went exploring around Pen Yr Orsedd Quarry on my first two walks. So close to us, being between Fron and Nantlle, but I'd never been there. In my first few years here the quarry was still working and we'd hear the siren followed by the explosions. Googling it it says it's been closed since about the year 2000, but I really don't think it's that long since I heard the blasts, is it? It was a very interesting place with a lot of the working equipment still there and I wondered what it was like at the height of it's use. Was I suppose to be there?  .. Hell I'm not sure, but I'd love to go back!  

I opted not to take the last three that way, with Ross being a male version of calamity Jane I thought it was best to stick to somewhere more familiar. He doesn't like ledges so I had no concerns with him there, and I do always give them credit for common sense in the quarrys. Anyway maybe another day ...