Monday 24 September 2018

Long Day Down South

Yesterday started off with a with a trip to Bristol with Ian to pick up his baby girl .. a lovely Nico daughter bred by Rachel Gaffin. Then killing two birds with one stone, not that I would kill the birds of course, on to Tongwynlais Open Show in Pontypool with Ross and Kaiah. Angela Jones was judging the breed and Kathy George doing the group. (two GSD's ladies)
God knows what we would do without Sat Nav's these days even though we had a confusing last few minutes in finding the venue with Mrs Sat Nav getting it wrong, but we where so close and got there. Initially other than GSD folk we didn't know anyone, but what a lovely bunch of people who were chatty and most welcoming to us "Gogs." Ross sang his way to win Junior, OMG what a man. Imagining the scenario I was 6 foot away from the ring with Kaiah and had nowhere to go as I was stood by the wall. Ross was calling to her and she was replying. Ian could do nothing to shut him up and Kaiah refused to stop answering. I tried to stuff fish in her mouth but in her excitement she munched on my thumb. So we now had two singing dogs and a bleeding thumb and I'm stood looking at a wall .. but it made no difference. After struggling to do the individual we decided I should take Ross in for the rest of the class and peace was restored. Kaiah did call to him but one dirty look from me and he decided not to reply! 
Kaiah showed brilliantly and went on to win PG and beat a lovely open winner to go BOB and later
under the second judge group 4. Thanks to everyone who were amused by the situation, especially the man who gave me the plaster. They certainly do seem to have a better sense of humor down there than they do up here and the amount of people who came over to speak to us and the dogs was just wonderful. I would never normally go that far to an open show but if the circumstances where similar again ... after that welcome, of course I'd go!