Wednesday 17 January 2018

Our Lovely Nico

 This is one amazing dog, I often tell myself, well tell him, "How could anyone have not loved you?" What is there not to love? He's cuddly, affectionate, funny, mischievous, obedient, honest but can be territorial, and on top of that he's strikingly handsome. I just don't understand, and never will I why he ended up as unwanted. "Not the dog for me," was the quote. Well no, he's not a hard bastard, he hasn't got the hyped up wired character of some working lines; he has in my opinion the ideal pet dog character and since my puppies go to pet homes what else could I need?  He's the first to sound the alarm is anyone is about and I know he'd take care of me if need be but the Nico I know and love is a sweet kind dog ... just what I want him to be. 
I guess it was my fortune that for someone he was "Not the dog for me!" 
 In certain lights it's hard to get definition in Nico's beautiful black face in photos. I'd always wanted a dog with a black head, and I was blessed that Mikey too had a very dark head. Sammi and Kaiah have inherited a "Nico look" but neither are quite as dark.
Where this game began - Naughty Nico stalking Jezi