Tuesday 30 January 2018

Yesterday - Today


A large homemade strawberry vodka kept me asleep until just before 6am, sadly now it's finished, I'll have to hint for some more. Waking at that hour is never a great plan, but for me actually getting that much sleep is unusual, I think the vodka works better than Kalms!
This morning life goes on, the guys want breakfast and being another beautiful morning they are no doubt looking forward to walks too! No medication, no special diet, no alarms, I deleted those last night I fear hearing them would have me throwing the phone at the fish tank.
I'll never forget the support given to me yesterday. I never expected to find Tali so ill yesterday morning. I guess for her sake I should take comfort from the fact that she had been fine going to bed on Sunday night. She still had antibiotics to take and I had thought that if the condition, whatever it was, was to return it would be within a few days of finishing the medication. I thought wrong.
Due to some errors of judgement on my behalf  finances are low but neither of us are now well enough to dig a hole and a private cremation wasn't something we thought we could afford. But friends pull out all the stops don't they and one offered to pay the cost up front and let me pay it back as and when. Due to to distance to the pet cemetery/crematorium Steve could not come with me and another friend was kind enough to give up her day off to to give me the company I needed. I have images in my head today that I've never seen before. It was all handled so beautifully and I got to say my last goodbye to Tali lying in a beautiful casket in a lovely chapel of rest ... she'll come home soon and I think we'll bury her next to Mikey, but away from Finlay .. she didn't like Finlay, he was far too much of a dumb blonde for her! 
The support on Facebook has been wonderful, as hard as it was I have honestly read every single comment and private message. When the chips are down the GSD community on there really comes together in support .. and to be fair I have lots of support from George friends too. Here I never know who's reading .. over 80 so far this morning, but hardly anyone says anything. Still I guess that was not what Tali's Tails was set up for, it was really more a personal diary for me.
Tali's Tails - of course the name will stay ... but I may have to change the "This is me" section.
I've just had a call from the vets .. Tali is back there and I'm now going to bring her home