Friday 26 August 2016

Yesterday's Almost Disaster - Part 2

During the walk yesterday Sammi reacted strangely to something around her face. It was obviously causing her distress and on quick inspection we found something in her mouth and got it out. But was it a wasp, a bee a hoverfly or a hornet? Hell I didn't know but from what I briefly saw as I scooped it out of her mouth I thought it was a wasp.
Anyway there was no swelling and no adverse reaction so it seems whatever it was it didn't manage to sting her. This morning I decided to look online to see if with hindsight I could identify the culprit, and from this rather amusing photo and description I still think it was a wasp. I have also googled "Hoverfly" .. actually we have a lot of those here in the back garden.
 My conclusion is that I still think my Angel had a lucky run in with a wasp! 
sketchytips:
“ URL: http://www.sketchytips.com/the-difference-between-bees-wasps-and-hornets/
“ The Difference Between Bees, Wasps, and Hornets
” ”