Monday 29 August 2016

Another Dog Show Day ..

Me and my bunny recovering at Walton
 .. But I'm not going. I am beyond shattered and I have to be sensible, apparently!!! I guess aiming for 4 shows in 10 days was a little optimistic, but we can but try. Even at night I have been waking up and reliving the events of 12 months ago, where was I a year ago to this hour? What was I doing now? Even seeing the faces of the people who were around me at the time. I don't know if it's a healthy thing to do or not, but it's not distressing me and maybe, just maybe when we get to the 15th of September I will be able to at least partly close a door on past events. I can't imagine these memories will be anywhere as vivid in a years time!
Handsome Loki 
Last night I spoke to a friend about Loki and this cage issue. She is someone who I know will see it as it is without humanising the situation. She too feels that Loki is unsure of using the crate as it's Mikey's space and has suggested I leave both crates open for him for a couple of weeks. This morning he ate half his breakfast in the smaller crate, but I then had to take him into the kitchen as Jamie had clocked the open door. I know Loki would let him eat the food, and I know Jamie would eat it .. all of it!
To be honest unless there is a bitch in season there is never any need to shut Loki in, well we never do. He's never destructive and leaves the cats to do their own thing at night. But I feel sad that he is loosing the security of his crate as he loved it so much. I never want their crates to be anything other than a place of safety and security, never a place of punishment and unrest. But I do need him to move out of the small crate .. I do hopefully have future plans for it!
RIP Dear Bo 
There has been some really upsetting news posted online last night. Bo, the sable bitch that was planned to be the mother of my pup in 2018 has died. She got into difficulties giving birth and had an emergency cesarean, which sadly she did not wake up from. Her owners have 3 large health pups to hand rear ... but are heartbroken at the loss of Bo. This is the second case I've heard of a bitch dying having had an emergency cesarean in the last few weeks, both with small litters of pups that have grown so large in the uterus that the bitch can not give birth naturally. Just devastating for all concerned .. and the timing has frightened the life out of me!