Monday 8 August 2016

Autumnal August

Our walks were enjoyable today but the sharp Autumnal breeze was off putting .. shit it's only the beginning of August!  I have to admit they were not long walks but at least we all got out.
Mikey is not doing too good, I feel I need to prepare for the inevitable, I can't see him being able to cope for much longer without loosing quality of life. He came for the walk, mostly walking close to me, though he did potter about and do his own thing, but he couldn't get back in the van without assistance. I guess what's upset me most today though is that he's struggling to get to his feet from lying down. I don't think he's in any pain, but this bastard thing is getting heavier and larger and getting in his way. It's just heartbreaking!
Steve and I are still concerned about his breathing, though that doesn't seem to be affecting him, there is no shortness of breath, it's just different and noisier. We have also noticed a change in his "voice" which neither of us can explain, but we have both noticed it.
I so hate this time in an animals life. All we can do is be there, be brave, put the animal first and do the right thing .. but shit this hurts!