Thursday 18 August 2016

Caught Out Again!

But this time not by cattle, just by the hot sun





I'm sure had anyone been watching me and the girls coming back from Llyn Cop yesterday they would have found it hilarious, not so for me at the time. It's a bit scary that 12 huge cattle could have remained out of sight to us earlier. As I came back on the bottom path I saw them in the dip by the school wall and knew that if I stayed on that path they would see me, and if they were on the move they could easily get back towards the van before me. I felt I had no choice but to scale down the quarry wall and go cross country. Thankfully Tali is still pretty damn fit and we got down without any problems. By now it was boiling hot and I raced cross country back to the van, Tali? Where the feck was Tali? No surprises she'd gone the other way! I felt there was no point shouting, she was out of her hearing distance and by now gorging on sheep shit she'd take no notice anyway .. and what if the cattle heard? There was no choice, I had to go back for her. Hot, annoyed and scared I put her on the lead and marched her cross country back to the van .. I swear I could hear her objections as she was partly dragged back - Tali doesn't do leads! 
Steve said I looked like a tomato when I got home! 
So today I'd done my slow plod with Nico, Jezi and Finlay . The weather was warm, but breezy and the the sun stayed hidden behind the cloud. I set off on walk two with Ziva and Loki and realised quite quickly that it was now becoming warm ... bloody hell it got so hot, and someone switched the breeze off. No sun cream for me and no ditches or lakes for the dogs! Just goes to prove how quickly the weather can change and how we should be more prepared! Not a lover of heat anyway I was glad of the cloud cover again for walk three.