Tuesday 16 August 2016

Day 21

Things are finally a little calmer and Loki has eaten his meal tonight. I wouldn't even dream of trying the boys with Sammi  yet, but at least they are less stressed now. Loki has numerous shows coming up over the next 2 weeks and we really need to get some meals into him now! I may leave Nico in the utility room tonight, shame really I quite liked having him by my side at night, but I guess the old man needs priority (Finlay not Steve!!!!!!!)

To be honest Finlay is not having a great day, a bit wobbly and more vacant than usual,but he did eat his meal tonight. (though not his breakfast) As I've said he's been blank with me for a long time, but he's the same with Steve today too, and Gail came to visit, did he even notice? I just don't understand this vacancy, unless there was some brain damage during that odd episode he had last September.
This blog is so great for me for reference, and looking back Sammi was away from the boys till day 30 day during her last season. An average season is 21 days with bitches usually mated 10 -14 days in. Sammi was mated at 18 days and her seasons, if the last one is anything to go by, will be longer. Anyway as with every living creature their are no hard and fast rules and we now must take it day by day and re introduce her to Loki when we are 100% sure that things have settled.