Saturday 27 August 2016

Anglesey C.S

Well it's 12 months ago to the day that I was in the show ring at Anglesey show with my beautiful Angel, Sammi Belle .. she just taken Best Of Breed and my head went bang! It's been one hell of a year ... But I celebrated life and the anniversary by going to Anglesey dog show!
Another dog show, and another disappointing day for me and mine. Loki showed well, I couldn't really complain at all about his performance today, but the judge obviously had other plans! Asha was a bit of a handful for Ian, but this time the judge complimented her on her spirit and performance. She was second to the BOB winner, again no reason to complain. Sadly there are no photos as there was no one about to ask. Disappointing, but I'm sure we'll make up for it another day.
I did wonder if  I was at fault exhibiting Loki this week when he's a bit on the lean side. Getting him to eat is currently a problem, I think maybe it's a bad new habit that has started during Sammi's season. He also has issues with his new sleeping/eating place which may not be helping. Loki is a rather large boy, easily the tallest dog who's been here since Kai, and to be honest he out grew his crate a while back. But when a dog loves his crate it's hard to not let them use it, it was easily sorted, we left it up we just never closed it. Recent events left a very large crate available and we thought it was now more practical for Loki to use the larger crate .. but he thinks not! We've closed the smaller crate so he can't get in, and have been trying to get him to use the larger one by feeding him and giving him treats in it. But instead of taking to the new large crate he's totally thrown his toys out of the pram. He won't eat in the crate, even if I lock him in with it he totally blanks the food, but if I take him and the food out of the crate he eats! At night I throw his bonio into the crate, he goes to get it carries it across the room and eats it else where. All very odd .. again I wish I could ask him what the problem is. I guess we'll never really know, but maybe he still considers it Mikey's personal space and out of respect wants to keep out?