Wednesday 3 August 2016

The GSD Boys

Mikey was flat again this morning and refusing to eat. I've come to the conclusion that the morning is the worst time of day for him. Steve also felt he was more uncomfortable this morning so I've decided to increase the gabapentin to at least 5 again, maybe 6 depending on how the day goes. Don't get me wrong he's nothing like he was two weeks ago, but I will do anything in my power to make sure we do not go back there again.
The lump did grow last week, but less than an inch and Mikey's mobility has been great. Mikey is drinking a lot more these days, but I'm hoping that is just a side affect of the preds. (Steroids) The other thing that continues to concern us is his breathing, it is different, particularly when he's resting or sleeping. I would say it was a little laboured, but not extreme.
Finlay has kept us on our toes the last couple of days, he's had diarrhea and coupled with his incontinence we expected a mess. But no, nothing in the house. Maybe he had stomach cramps or something but he went out every time, till this morning. This morning everything is back to normal and he's unaware of it.
Happy days!