Tuesday 16 August 2016

Seven Days On

Mikey putting up with a young Sammi! 
Not the best sleep again last night, I guess today is going to be yet another difficult day. I can't help but relive in my mind the events of a week ago. I'm trying not to focus on the time of day but can't help myself really. As I said to a friend in an e.mail yesterday, thank god for the others. It doesn't easy the pain, but when you have others you have to get up in the morning, you have to feed them and give them quality time...Without them I think I'd just give up!
Nico got to sleep in the bedroom again last night, it's been three nights now. I have to keep my hand in the bed , if it dares fall to the side I find a big black head resting in it or nuzzling into it. He loves it in the bedroom and is peaceful and quiet, but he will not use Finlay's bed and sleeps on the rug next to me. I've told him Finlay's bed is clean but he insists he can smell poo! Finlay seems ok on the bed in the middle room, and I must admit it is nice to not wake up at 3am to the smell of poo!
I found myself extremely shattered last night, though I'd tried to rest on Sunday I guess Saturday really caught up with me. Hadn't felt like that in a while, you know so tired you feel sick, and I didn't drive a mile on Saturday! Sometimes I do feel sorry for myself. I have no energy, I've put on so much weigh due to lack exercise and comfort eating. I have shows coming up now and I know it's really going to affect me. I have to plan my life differently, make sure there is always a second driver, make sure their are rest hours and then rest days in between etc. But then I give myself a wake up call, I'm still here to tell the tale, two thirds of people who have a bleed/aneurysm are not. Recovery is slow, it takes years, but I'm getting there and if all the side affects I'm left with are some memory loss and fatigue then I really shouldn't complain should I! 
Having researched "Ole" for months I'm now doing everything "arse about tit" (sorry) and distracting myself by researching Merlot. I've never used a dog having only had 5 mins to look at his pedigree and look at the dog before. Of course I knew of him, but knew nothing about him really. The inbreeding coefficient value of this mating is 5.6%, as apposed to Ole x Sammi which would have been 4.4% .Obviously the lower the better with the breed target being 3.2% . But 5.6% is quite acceptable and there is only one dog doubled up on within 5 generations and actually he is in the 5th generation, it just had to be Saber Vom Steffen Haus didn't it - Kai's grandad!
So my opinion on Merlot - He's a little short in body length which makes his overline look more extreme in stance, but it's not naturally. Similar to Dexi and Kai I suppose. Anyway Sammi has body length and so do her parents so that should not be a problem. He's not over angulated like Nico is, which is good, especially these day. His colour is amazing - the photo doesn't do justice, he's so so red and has a huge coat. He hasn't produced L/c yet but is not tested. His head is similar shaped to the Blanik boys, like Louis and Mikey, being shorter in muzzle than the Conbhairean boys, but the markings and slightly light eye give him a look of Loki with a soft kind expression.  I've not seen him move to be able to comment, but to be 2015's Youth Sieger he must have been pretty impressive on the move too.
So now here's hoping she has taken and I'll now be looking for some nice wine names starting with the letter "J!"