Sunday 14 August 2016

Hell At Home

It was about 8.30pm when we finally made it home last night. Due to talking and not listening to the sat nav we did actually have a little detour, and of course a stop for fish and chips on route. It had been a long day for Sammi too so I treated her to sausage and chips too .. well just a few of my chips! She wasn't keen on the batter from the fish, but the rest went down well.
Even with Sammi away the boys had been unsettled and it only escalated when she got home! Loki's high pitch yap is somewhat piercing, but Nico was in such a state last night that I decided to take him to the bedroom over night. I so fear torsion when they get like this. In fairness we had a reasonably calm night, but I couldn't get my thoughts off that poor white GSD that had been found clinging to life dumped in rubbish, and covered in an old carpet on a South Wales Mountain. Sometimes the human race disgusts me, there simply is no excuse. There are ALWAYS alternatives! I make no apology for posting the picture, I'm sorry if it upsets, but someone somewhere will know this dog. His owners, or whoever did this must be found and prosecuted.
Loki is now in the kennel, I hate it, but it's the safest option. I'll swap in a bit and put Sammi in there. She seems to mind less than him. Hopefully within a few days things will quieten down and we can have some normality.
Nico can sleep with us again tonight if it helps keep him calm, though I don't think Finlay will be best pleased. What I would give now to be woken by Mikey's singing at 3am and 5am and .... God we are missing that boy.