Tuesday 24 March 2015

"They Look So Alike ...."

That statement is usually one of my pet hates, as most of the time it's Joe Bloggs making comments about any 2 of my dogs. "OMG how do you tell them apart?" Ahhh!!!  But I was so surprised at the amount of people who made the comment about Sammi and Loki over the week end, and no, not your average idiot, I mean breed people. I must admit I don't see it, but they all said the same thing, Nico has really stamped his mark on both! Well that is a compliment I guess, as that is what you want in a stud dog! Facially I don't see the similarity, to me he's not a masculine version of Sammi, his expression is soft and gentle, her's is keen, inquisitive and intense (as is there personalities!) But if they are seen to be of a similar "Type" then yeah, that pleases me. Whether it's wishful thinking or not, but I have always said that I see just a tiny bit of Louis in Loki. I think he is a similar looking dog, with similar colouring, similar character and a softness to the expression, notice I say similar, because that's as far as it goes, and Loki will be a much bigger dog so maybe as an adult that similarity will diminish.

















The other comment at the week end was that Asha is starting to turn into her mother, well don't we all!!! Yeah I see it, but more than that, I see Tali turning into her mother!  Though Tali's expression is harder than Krizzie's was there's no denying they are mother and daughter.
The other similarity that I can't deny here is Nico and Mikey. The black face confuses people. Constructional they are worlds apart but their colour and heads leads me to at least understand the confusion. I would also say that their characters are similar too. They are booth obsessed with me and they are both pretty goofy, obedient and loving. But I dare you not to come in through that gate when either are out unsupervised. It would be a foolish man that did! They both feel a strong need to defend their family and home, but equally when supervised to do so they are welcoming to visitors. Loki already has a very strong bark, and like his dad he is one of the first to pick up on vehicles or walkers on the track. The girls do bark a lot, Jezi is very territorial, but I think the others tend to join in but are really happy, in this situation at least for the boys to take the lead!
Mikey and Nico