Friday 6 March 2015

Babies ???

Nico is becoming a very popular boy and has mated two health tested bitches of excellent pedigree's in the last 2 weeks. He's also becoming a very competent and professional stud dog... if only we could get Mikey interested, I would have loved a Mikey daughter! 
I also had another call this week, the bitch was already in season but sadly not health tested so I declined. The gentleman sounded lovely and I hope my gut instinct is right and that he does health test before considering to mate her. He also had the problem of "progeny not eligible for registration,"  on the documentation which is between him and the breeder to negotiate. I always add this endorsement to my own pups registrations ... but am willing to remove it on successful health checks. If this mating was too go ahead it would be an interesting combination as the dam is a NZ import and it would give a COF of 1%. ( line breeding within the pedigree ) 
Anyway let cross everything that these bitches now take .. and here's hoping for easy whelping's and happy health puppies.