Sunday 1 March 2015

Caernarfon C.S Show

As I had mentioned to a few of you I kind of knew this was not going to be "our day," and I was right! Having know the lady judge since I was 11 I know what she likes and she likes a heavier dog than I do,  I prefer something much more athletic. Having said that there were only "German Type" dogs in the ring, but her BOB was Bolt a mature adult male. On saying that Sammi did win the "Bred by exhibitor" class under a different judge in the afternoon.
Sammi did me proud in the ring, not a foot out of place but outside the ring I did find her quite a handful, more so than I can think she's been before! What was also strange was she reacted very badly to one lady and her dog. (Quite a distinctive and different looking breed, but still plenty of others about) She has seen this lady at a lot of local show since she's been a puppy and has always been uncomfortable when she's around. As a pup when she saw her coming she use to back away with hackles up, yesterday she did not back away but went forward! I have to confess I am also uncomfortable in this lady's company, she actually scares me and has done for a years. Though in a busy hall yesterday Sammi clocked her before I did! Still her reaction could all stem from my early response to this lady being in our company? (Or as someone else said yesterday - maybe it's the over powering smell of cannabis that follows her into a room!)  Sammi certainly has never responded to any other person with an ounce of negativity ... odd yeah!
Mikey? Well, Where do I start? Maybe someday I can laugh, today I still want to cry ... Sadly the end of something that was so special! We were a great team, collecting win after win together. Yesterday was his last chance of going in the ring with me, and he well and truly blew it! (Mark is going to try at NWA as he's entered) Basically he has got over excited about it all. Stands ok, but bounce around the ring like Tigger! I want him remembered for all his wins ..not for being an idiot. It's such a shame I'm sure he would have done well in veteran classes. He has had such a fantastic show career, numerous BIS's, group wins, and more BOB than I could count.. yeah, he has been a fantastic show dog. It's now over,  and this really makes me so sad!
Loki was great yesterday, taking everything in his stride. Sister Bella came to visit him in the afternoon and coped really well with her first trip to a dog show. I'm deeply touched with how much she loves me, it really warms up my heart! Ian may now consider showing her, but she's months behind Loki with training and will need lots of work before she can go into the ring. Still it's no way  near impossible.