Monday 23 March 2015

The Shows

Asha - BOB at Llandudno
I don't usually do two shows in a week-end, but opted to give it a go as I wanted to get Loki out. Bootle on Saturday set off on the wrong foot for me really, I hate being late and through no fault of my own we were late. It kind of threw me for the whole day, in all aspects of my life I really don't do late! Still it went from bad to worse. The show had a huge entry (483 dogs) but the organisation was very poor. We were scheduled to be second in the ring, but finally got in at 12.45pm .. and yeah as I said I don't do late!!
In his first show Loki stood alone in GSD junior and didn't really like the slippery floor, but coped well really. (better than me I think!) I was honored that at 6.5 months the judge thought him worthy of further consideration and said it was "touch and go" for BOB. Fearing that he would be at a disadvantage in the adult group she gave it to the adult male, but Loki was automatically BPIB. Such a shame if she felt he was the best there, maybe she should have the courage for her conviction! But there you go, he is but a rangy puppy with lots of growing to do.
Loki concentrating on the job in hand!
Sammi won her class, GSD limit, a step too far for her at her age really, but I thought it was easier than putting her in with Loki. (The class where at her age, she should have been!) But I can't complain as she did win. Sammi is a more athletic bitch but I doubt she was to the judges's taste, as in the next class the heavier shorter legged male beat Asha and was eventually BOB. Unknowing I guess to the breed judge this dog was not able to compete in the group as he was bred by the group judge, so after all the breed went unrepresented in the group!
On Sunday "Billy No Mates" and her naughty Blanik's went off to Llandudno show. I was very  disappointed to find it was only me, myself and I in the breed classes, ah well in it to win it! Asha "the noisy one" as the judge refereed to her was BOB, but didn't get a second look from the variety judge in the BIS ring.
Beautiful Sammi - even out of coat! 
Typically under the variety judge Sammi was second to the eventual RBIS winner in Special Yearling, so she was more to his taste!  Loki as an unbeaten puppy went in to challenge for Best Puppy In show  and was short listed to the last four - but it was not to be! Still he showed beautifully and confidently and he was over the moon to see his brother's, Wil and Yogi and be in the company of Noya and Charley all day!
These three photo's are from yesterday's show where the judge thanked me for the entry and said the were "All beautiful!"
A huge thanks must go to Paul, Sarah's husband for taking these photo's and the lovely photos of Loki and his brothers. So yeah, Billy no mates had a lovely day, with great friends, and I can only repeat what I've written elsewhere and thank everyone who helped me over the two days.