Saturday 14 March 2015

Disappointed!

With 2 shows coming up next week-end Sammi has decided to chuck her coat .. and I mean really chuck it! She looks like a hearth rug! I'm not really sure what to do for the best .. leave her and deal with it next Friday,(bath and blast)  or brush it out now. Because this will be her first real moult I'm not familiar with her pattern, how quickly the coat will come out; how quick it will grow back; and of course will it all be followed by a season? Most of my bitches come half way back into coat and come in season, but Ziva never does. Ziva is in full bloom for months before coming in season, will Sammi be the same as her mum I wonder? After all she was only in season in late November. Knowing would help me so much with planning for shows,(Some of them are pretty expensive) but sadly with living creatures as we know it never works that way. 
Saturday will also be Loki's first show Are we ready? .. as ready as we can be I suppose. Again a last minute blast on the coat and I can do no more with it ... He's looking pretty good, a little lean but that will come with time. For perfection I'd still like him higher on the front, but I'm still hopeful that that will also come over the next few months. His ring training is going pretty well, the only thing to work on is his lack of "oomph!" Loki is a pretty laid back chap and moves at a steady pace, but we will have to teach him to move with more drive, something Sammi does naturally really! Knowing the pups as I do I can even see it in that top photo, Sammi's keen intense expression, and Loki so chilled about it all? See it? Or is it just me! 
Give up little legs - You still can't catch her!