Tuesday 3 March 2015

Loki is 6 months Old ...

...well tomorrow!!!
There are photos and there are PHOTOS
and this is a PHOTO! 
What a stunning photo of little legs taken by the lovely Bethan Hughes. Even if I say so myself,  doesn't he look fantastic? Expertly stood by my friend of 25 years, Angela Jones. Yes his mouth is closed, but hell even I can't fault this in any other way. So so chuffed! 
His weight today was 29.80kg, so a heavier collar and he would have been 30kg , haha! 
I make him 60.5cms at the wither - though that can never be 100% accurate as there isn't level ground anywhere in Fron! 
Whilst at the vets I booked 10 year old Tali in for her "compulsory" microchip! I had that litter tattooed as a permanent form of ID, but now, (as I thought anyway) with new legislation in Wales all dogs must be Chipped. Still it was free at Cibyn vets till the end of the month ... After arriving home and posting on Facebook I have been informed that to come inline with England (as we do!) the compulsory chipping will now not come into force until Spring 2016! So what do i do? .. Cancel or go? It may not be free this time next year!
Following the weigh in at the vets I decided to take Sammi and Loki to the park .. (by the way Sammi was 30.40kg - so only a tiny bit heavier than a 6 month old Loki) it was not to be our most successful walk!  First of all a path I was told about does not exist or maybe I was in the wrong place, so I decided to go back into the main park. I kept Sammi on the lead and let Loki off. Within minutes I saw a man with a child and a small dog, but we avoided him successfully and took another path. I followed the path around the lake, saddened to see the empty booze bottles scattered through out the lake. As I got further round I saw the Swans. Now laugh if you like, though I admire their beauty I do have quite a fear of these large birds, swans and geese really. I passed at a safe distance and found the perfect spot for a photo ... as I prepared my phone (Samsung camera was flat, again!) the swans came swimming over at what seemed like a hell of a speed ... without a photo we were off! Further up I found another spot, got my phone out and was about to settle the dogs when running through the trees snapping and snarling came the little dog I'd seen earlier. I screamed, "call your dog." The man was on the scene in seconds and apologised. That's fine, these things happen .. but then he wouldn't go! With all three dogs now barking he decided to stop for a conversation ... with "Phoebe" barking and running towards these and back he continued to talk.  I think he would have stayed indefinitely and I found myself saying .. "Well, I'll have to let you go..." He took the hint. As he walked away I looked down to see my treasured phone lying face down in the mud!  I gave up on the idea of a photo by the lake and thought ... yeah I'll get them on the bridge. I tied both to the bridge and got into position to take the photo, but could I get Sammi to look, could I hell, she was looking down stream with great interest. I got suspicious and went to look ... "BLOODY SWANS!!!!!" I untied them and legged it!
 There was one more photo opportunity, another little bridge, sadly out of the sun. Ah well at least it proves we were there!!!!! I came home with two happy puppies, and me? I was stressed, grumpy and muddy!