Monday 19 February 2024

Valentine's Regional Show

Another super day in the ring for baby B. She really held her own at the Regional event under the German judge Steffen Straub (SV) from the renowned "Bad-Boll" kennel. (Even Steve remember this kennel from the days that I used to dragged him round the shows - but probably for the humorous translation into half English, half Welsh other than anything else!) 
Beti was entered in a class of 6 in the 6 -9 month age group. Four of the entry turned up for judging, one of which had beaten her at the last show. Beti was moved up to 2nd place and stayed there for the whole of the judging. She handled it well, with only me and my over attracting letting her down at times. Showing each dog is different and I'm learning what she needs on the job ... so to speak! The judge gave her a lovely verbal critique which I'll add in a video, and graded her VP2. (Very promising is the highest grade a puppy can get - 2 is simply she was second in the class) Before starting his critiques on the class he said that the first two stood out and were at a correct stage in their development for their age. Beti was handled by the very experienced handler, Lynne of the famous British Muscava kennel, she did a great job with her and was extremely encouraging about her future. She said the only negative she could give me was that Beti was carrying a pound or two too much. I appreciate the feedback, but to be honest, I'm happy with her weigh as it is, I wouldn't want any more on her, but I wouldn't want any less on her either. 
I wish I could share videos of the class on here, but Mr T recorded it all in one go, sadly they are too big for blogger to upload ... anyway they are on Facebook and I've watched them over and over! Crufts next then!