Tuesday 20 February 2024

Twit With A Capital A!

Someone was really pushing my buttons today - how can two brothers be so different eh? How can one flatten me with unconditional love (literally!) and the other not give two hoots about me? The nature of the beast sure is odd, but nature or nurture in this case? Well I'd say a bit of both. 
With an eye clinic appointment looming and rain on the way I decided to take everyone to the fields. Recently I've been taking Zeus without the ball. If he has it, all he does is stand about swinging it and chewing it. As you can see from the pic, he's halfway through yet another one! I need him to run about, exercise, go to the loo ... he does none of that if he has that pesky ball, so like I say I've been leaving the ball in the house and going to get out for 5 mins before brining him in. 
This morning I set off with him without the ball, he ran to the top gate, not in a month of Sundays does he go out through that gate without a lead on ... Anyway I went into the field, no sign of him, I called him, no sign of him. I rang Steve "Is Zeus back in the yard?" "Yes, he's standing here." I walked back towards the yard, before I got there he darted down the field .. "No, you are not going to catch me!"  But if I went "ball less" into the field he came back, if I came back, he went out. Pushed to the limits, I got the ball for him, but then put him indoors with it. With 6 others screaming and Siska bed shredding, he had to lump it and wait till the end. Now you are probably giggling, but believe me I was so annoyed and frustrated with him, I try my best to give everyone a fair go, no one should or will miss out ... but sometimes this twat just pushes it too far.