Thursday 29 February 2024

Fleas And Worms

These boys are always cuddling. I think Perry needs Jamie, he doesn't have this relationship with anyone else. Jamie of course is anyones for a cuddle. 
All the cats have been wormed yesterday, I'll do the dogs today, but I do wonder if they needed doing? I'd seen tapeworm segments on Luther and Choo's bottoms, but I know that "unlike many other parasites that dogs can get from exposure to an infected dog's faeces, dogs/cats only become infected with tapeworms by ingesting a flea or rodent carrying a tapeworm."  So the hunters have tapeworm ... but I always feel it's too much of a risk not to do everyone. Having done everyone now, maybe I'll just do those affected next time. The house has been sprayed ready for any passengers that may come home on a dog or cat now. Theoretically it breaks the life cycle if you do the house. I never put preventative flea treatments on my animals, but I have stuff here ready should I need it, and I do my house at least twice a year whether I see fleas or not, well it seems to work anyway.