Sunday 11 February 2024

Ghostly Ramblings

After weeks of looking for the address book we came to the conclusion that I'd recycled it with Pre-Xmas paper and boxes. On Friday Steve bought a new one ... and yesterday I found the original! Now you may laugh but Steve and I always feel a tad uncomfortable when thing we've both spent weeks looking for turn up in obvious places. This book was under the shelf behind the sofa .. and believe you me we've both looked there, numerous times. Steve had even pulled everything out from the corner, but to no avail. Yesterday I was looking for my hat, the latest thing to go missing, I looked behind the sofa and the book was just so obvious, I could not have missed it. Think of it what you will, but I'll give you a couple of reminders; Tali's collar, I thought was lost on a stop on the way home from Builth. Weeks later I came home from work, and it was in the middle of the living room. A Boy George CD, was missing for months, I bought a new one, the original turned up in the CD box, I'd emptied it to look more than once. It seems that when I replace
something, the old one appears again, and trust me I'm not the only one looking for them, we both spent a long time for that address book. Anyway now my hat is missing, I'd used it Thursday and I couldn't find it yesterday and went walking without it. When I got home Steve said he looked but couldn't find it, I searched too ... looking behind the sofa .. Oh yes look, an address book but no hat! Today Zeus and I retraced our steps from Friday's walk to the tree, had I taken it off and dropped it? No sign of it. Steve searched the house again and I searched the garden and field as Beti was quite partial to it, no sign. So someone has either picked it up on a walk or this ghost has knicked it. Well Mr Ghost, I've ordered a new one .. but no doubt you'll wait till it comes before returning the old one! I've never really liked wearing hats and caps, but I loved the missing one so yeah it had to be like for like!
A friend asked last night if Beti had any knuckled growth left. I told her I hadn't really looked but that I still imagine she'll make close on Kaiah size. She was gobsmacked when I told her how tall Sammi was, but really, I can't think any judge has commented on it. Anyway this morning I got Beti and Sammi to stand close together, of course the boys had to join in, but yeah there is still quite a difference. I can't envisage that Beti will be that tall, of course there is still growing time, but I'm sticking to my guns, I don't think she'll be over 60cms. 
The same friend commented on my photos, well actually she told me at Manchester that my photos cheer her up no end. She said that she may not always comment, but they bring back memories of her homeland. I do try to get backgrounds and the dogs, though the dogs are usually in them, it's not always just about the dogs. When you live in such a location, whatever the season, you can't help but admire the surrounding beauty, and what finishes off the photos, well a dog or two!